Saturday, April 24, 2010

Wedding DIY

We attempted a number of DIY projects for the wedding. Nick made an awesome back drop for photos (also a handy spa hider):
One of the photo frames below became our blackboard sign for the shoe check. Nick had two great helpers:
I had wanted to make fabric flowers that I'd seen on Once Wed, but over Christmas my mother and I realised how hard they'd be to make, so we came up with a paper flower solution using tissue paper. A few days before I left for Melbourne, the girls came over and helped cut out and sew the tissue paper circles for the flowers. Once we were at the beach house I sewed them onto fishing line and Nick's cousins, arrived only hours before from Canada, were put to work 'fluffing' the flowers.
They did an excellent job:
Mum made the table runners from the surplus fabric of the photo backdrop. Nick's mum styled the room and table tops:
Photo backdrop in action:

Unfortunately this is the only photo of the backdrop in action! The drizzly rain on the deck prevented further use :(

1 comment:

  1. My spouse and I absolutely love your blog and find many of your post's to be what precisely I'm looking for.
    Does one offer guest writers to write content in
    your case? I wouldn't mind writing a post or elaborating on a lot of the subjects you write in relation to here. Again, awesome web log!
    My web blog ; homeopata

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails